Head of R&D for international software company
In TimeLog, we help professional services organisations evolve by optimising their business processes from deal to cash with our Professional Services Automation (PSA) software and our personal touch.
Since the foundation in 2001, TimeLog has grown rapidly. Today, we hold a position as market leader within PSA software for companies between 30 – 500 employees. We have customers in 18 countries and support more than 25,000 daily users of our software.
As a result of our growth journey, we are seeking a new member of our family of more than 40 employees, as we have decided to increase the resources in our product development teams. As our new Head of R&D, you will be a key driver in executing our product strategy together with the Product Owners.
As head of R&D, you will lead the development and maintenance of our world leading PSA software and our integrations to the PSA eco system. You will be responsible for talent development and performance of the development teams as well as the technical platform.
You will be in charge of the scrum process from planning to retrospective supporting the Scrum masters and development teams in increasing output - and in cooperation with the product owners guard and optimise the scrum process.
Your focus is to develop strong developer teams which stick to the defined processes and frameworks and keep improving through retrospectives, so we build an R&D organisation that supports the business through high quality product deliveries.
In the coming years, we want you to steer implementation and maintenance of ISAE3402 Type 2 and later ISO 27001 certifications in TimeLog.
You will work at our Copenhagen office, but have regular visits (about 4 times a year) at our office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where a part of our development team is situated.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc or similar preferable with an IT focus
- Min. 5 years of project and product management experience
- Min. 5 years of leadership experience
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written
- Managing offshore teams
- Genuine interest in leading people and getting motivated by the success of others
- An executor who can make things happen together with your team
- Open for new ways of doing things
- You like change management
- Live up to TimeLog’s values: Listen, understand and contribute
- Believes that the valid argument always wins
You will be measured by the following KPIs:
- Employee NPS (employee satisfaction)
- Employee competency matrix matching TimeLog’s needs
- Velocity of Scrum teams
- Quality of Service towards customers (i.e. server up-time / response time and resolution of customer bug reports)
- Quality of Service towards the organisation (i.e. Internal IT, Product Management Office)
What we offer:
- An exciting, challenging job characterised by constant development and high ambitions
- Responsibility of a team of 14 developers where 10 are in Malaysia
- A possibility to support relevant teams and internal councils with operational insights into R&D
- An attractive and dynamic work environment in a flat organisation where you have the opportunity to influence your work
- As part of the Leadership Team you will have significant impact on the future of TimeLog
You will refer to our CEO and be part of the Leadership Team.
Salary package will be negotiated based on qualifications.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis and our goal is to have the position filled by January 1st 2019.